In my previous report ‘From Davos, part 4’, I briefly mentioned that the world famous violist Akiko Suwanai was featured in Gala concert, a part of the closing events. She was fantastic and we all proud of her appearance.
Several days later, I received an email from her saying that she sometimes visit my blogs and she noted that I was there in Davos, and invited me to her coming appearance in Tokyo. That was February 12th at Suntory Hall, and I went with my wife and we both enjoyed the program very much. The artists were Akiko Suwanai, Yury Bashmet (conductor and Viola) and Moscow Soloists, and all were absolutely wonderful.
The program was:
1. JS Bach: Brandenburg Concert No 3 in G major BWV1048
2. WA Mozart: Sinfonia Concertante for Violin, Viola and Orchestra in E flat major K364
3. WA Mozart: Violin Concerto No 2 in D minor K211
4. Bruch: Kol Nidrei Op 47 for Viola ad Orchestra (version with strings)
5. WA Mozart: Serenade No 13 in G major ‘Eine Kleine Nachtmusik’ K525.
Ms Suwanai played 2 and 3, and Yury Bashmet 2 and 4.
My friend, Uniqlo’s Domae-san joined with us. After the concert we went to see her and her mother, then we found out we met her mother in some convention and with her briefly then.
Blog works and we had an unexpected and wonderful evening with beautiful music and new friends.